MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS WITH EXPLANATORY NOTES
1. Scotch yoke mechanism is used to generate
- sine functions
- square roots
2. The danger of breakage and vibration is maximum
- below critical speed
- near critical speed
- above critical speed
- none of the above.
3. In full depth 14 degree involute system, the smallest number of teeth in a pinion which meshes with rack with out interference is
4. Inversion of a mechanism is
- changing of a higher pair to lower pair
- obtained by fixing different links in a kinematic chain
- turning it upside down
- obtained by reversing the input and output motion.
5. The sense of ...