Apply proven critical thinking processes and supercharge your business
Alamo Learning Systems has been providing Critical Thinking Skills (CTS), problem solving, decision-making, preventive action, and innovation training solutions to the corporate world for more than 35 years. They have been at the forefront of such movements in management as ISO 9000, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
Now, in Think Fast!, these CTS experts bring you an up-to-the-minute toolbox of strategies and tactics you can use to optimize your business. This useful and easy-to-read guide looks at real-world consumer issues, giving you top-level skills to address a wide range of practical business, professional, and life problems.
Alamo's CTS solutions have been proven effective in major companies, including 200 of the current Fortune 500
Uses real examples from outside the business world to make problems and solutions widely accessible
At last, the Critical Thinking Skills that have guided some of the world's most successful companies are available to readers of this insightful guide. Start rethinking your business today, and take your business skills—and business results—to the next level.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. Good News
- Chapter 2. Start Here: Stop
- Chapter 3. The Dump List
- Chapter 4. Simplify
- Chapter 5. Pick the Right Road: Three Little Questions
- Chapter 6. Recognize Your Progress
Chapter 7. Present: Decide Now!
- Consistently Good, Accurate Decisions
- Don’t Skip A Step . . . Not A Single Step!
- Yes But . . .
- A Lesson From The Pros
- John’s Decision Making
- Angela’s Decision Making
- 1. Purpose
- 2. Criteria: Nonnegotiables
- How Do You Know if It’s Nonnegotiable?
- Don’t Confuse “Highly Desirable” With “Nonnegotiable”
- Apply The 1–10 Scale
- 3. Compare Options to Criteria, Not to Each Other
- 4. Identify and Assess Risks
- Identify The Risks
- Assess The Risks
- Chapter 8. Past: Find Out “Why?”
- Chapter 9. Future: Plan to Make It Happen
- Chapter 10. Go Forward with Confidence
- Bonus Chapter. Innovation: Create Something New
- Title: Think Fast!: Accurate Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, and Planning in Minutes a Day
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118004630
You might also like
Think Smarter: Critical Thinking to Improve Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills
Train your brain for better decisions, problem solving, and innovation Think Smarter: Critical Thinking to Improve …
How to Solve Almost Any Problem
Problems block and slow down your progress; here’s how to overcome them–simply, efficiently and effectively. This …
Making Work Visible
"""In this timely book (title not final) by Information Technology time management expert Dominica DeGrandis, the …
Critical Systems Thinking and the Management of Complexity
The world has become increasingly networked and unpredictable. Decision makers at all levels are required to …