The World's Leading Business Minds on Today's Most Critical Challenges
Featuring Jim Collins, Daniel Goleman, Marshall Goldsmith, Stew Friedman, and others
"Thinkers50 is . . . the Oscars for ideas." -- Professor Costas Markides, London Business School
Stuart Crainer and Des Dearlove, creators of Thinkers50, have personally interviewed top leaders from businesses around the globe--from CEOs of multinationals to successful sports coaches to people on the front lines of education.
In Thinkers50 Leadership, the authors cull the best practices and most intriguing insights of today's top leadership experts to give you an edge on the competition. Chapters include:
- Crucibles of Leadership
- Level 5 Leadership
- The Real Thing
- Charisma and the Dark Side
- Where Leaders Meet the World
- Leaders at Work
Each book in the Thinkers50 series provides authoritative explanations of the concepts, ideas, and practices that are making a difference today, including specific examples and cases drawn from the original sources.
The concept of leadership was once reserved for politics and the military. But as the authors write, "Leadership is now multifaceted rather than simply summed up in the dread words 'command and control.' Leadership is about feelings. Leadership is about emotions. Leadership is about those who follow. Leadership is about the people touched by the actions of leaders."
An in-depth exploration of a fascinating subject, Thinkers50 Leadership reveals the most innovative theories and concepts on the subject from the world's top leadership experts.
Table of contents
- Thinkers 50 Leadership: Organizational Success Through Leadership
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 How We Got Here
- CHAPTER 2 Understanding Competitive Advantage
- CHAPTER 3 Getting to the Core
- CHAPTER 4 Hypercompetition and Beyond
- CHAPTER 5 Exploring Blue Oceans
- CHAPTER 6 Strategy in Action
- CHAPTER 7 Where Strategy Meets Society
- CHAPTER 8 Where Strategy Meets the World
- Title: Thinkers 50 Leadership: Organizational Success through Leadership
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071827522
You might also like
Radar Trends to Watch: August 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.
INSPIRED, 2nd Edition
How do today’s most successful tech companies—Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Tesla—design, develop, and deploy the products …
The Little Book of Big Decision Models
Leaders and Managers want quick answers, quick ways to reach solutions, ways and means to access …
Articulating Design Decisions, 2nd Edition
Talking to people about your designs might seem like a basic skill, but it can be …