Appendix A. Further Reading
- Paul, Richard and Linda Elder. The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking. Foundation for Critical Thinking, 2009.
A brief introduction to structures for thinking.
- Wright, Larry. Critical Thinking: An Introduction to Analytical Reading and Reasoning. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, 2012.
Readable, useful textbook on finding the essence of arguments.
- Papert, Seymour. Mindstorms: Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas. Basic Books, 1993.
A classic on how mental models open up the possibility of understanding new ideas.
- Jones, Morgan D. The Thinker’s Toolkit: 14 Powerful Techniques for Problem Solving. Crown Business, 1998.
A compendium of brainstorming and decision structuring techniques.
- Moore, David T. Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis. CreateSpace, 2007.
Applications of argument and critical thinking with data in a wide-ranging and adversarial situation: national intelligence.
- Toulmin, Stephen E. The Uses of Argument. Cambridge University Press, 2003.
Philosophical treatment of the foundations of argumentation.
- Croll, Alistair and Benjamin Yoskovitz. Lean Analytics. O’Reilly, 2013.
In-depth guide to choosing the right metrics for a given organization at a given time.
- Hubbard, Douglas W. How to Measure Anything: Finding the Value of Intangibles in Business,. Wiley, 2010.
Guide to measuring and acting on anything, including “intangibles” like security, knowledge, and employee satisfaction.
- Provost, Foster and Tom Fawcett. Data Science for Business. O’Reilly ...