1. Though please, talk to your parents about those first two years. I’m pretty sure...
Chapter 2: The Value of Tinkering in the Learning Process
1. Cole, K. C. Something Incredibly Wonderful Happens: Frank Oppenheimer and the World He Made Up, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade, Boston 2009, p.148.
2. Frank’s Quotes on the Exploratorium website: http://www.exploratorium.edu/about/our_story/history/frank/articles/quotes/.
3. Conner, Clifford D. A People’s History of Science: Miners, Midwives and “Low Mechanicks,” Nation Books, New York, 2005, p. 282.
4. See Crawford, Mathew B, Shop Class as Soul Craft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work, Penguin Books, New York, 2009.
5. As I write this, the California Makers’ Network is piloting ...