The Excel’s Data tab is shown in Figure 2.1. We have already covered the Filter and Sort options in Volume 1. Some functions of the Data Validation option were also covered in Volume 1. In this chapter, we will cover the following:
1. The Data Validation function.
2. The Flash Fill function.
3. The Remove Duplicates function.
4. The Group and Ungroup functions.
5. The Subtotal function.
6. The Consolidate function.
7. The What-If Analysis function—This is a very important and widely used function. We use this option in almost every financial analysis. This function includes the following three additional very useful options.
a. The Scenario Manager option.
b. The Goal Seek option.
c. The Data Table option.