We looked at several common Tkinter widgets, such as Menu, Buttons, Label, and Text, in Chapter 2, Making a Text Editor. Let's now expand our experience with Tkinter to make some music. Let's build a cross-platform drum machine using Tkinter and some other Python modules.
Some of the key objectives for this chapter are:
- Learning to structure Tkinter programs in the object-oriented style of programming
- Delving deeper into a few more Tkinter widgets, such as Spinbox, Button, Entry, and Checkbutton
- Applying the grid geometry manager in a practical project
- Understanding the importance of choosing the right data structure for our programs
- Learning to bind higher-order callback functions to widgets
- Learning to use Tkinter ...