Sponsored by MarkLogic
Scaling Internet applications is tricky business to begin with, but many developers make it more difficult by using languages and platforms optimized for computation. Discover how Node.js helps you address the most important factors in these applications, such as communication and latency. This video gets you started.
Six video chapters help you:
- Find out how Node solves problems specific to Internet application programming, and why this framework is faster than traditional solutions. Become familiar with tools that make application programming easy.
- Compile and troubleshoot the Node.js install, and understand the problems you’re likely to face when writing your first Node application.
- Discover how Node.js takes a different approach than other programming languages, and how the event loop helps you get the most out of the framework.
- Learn about the extensions to Node for writing applications—especially the Express framework, which helps you build apps in the MVC style.
- Explore common methods for writing and maintaining your application, overcome common pitfalls with event-driven programming.
Table of contents
- What Is Node? 00:12:29
- Using Node Part 1: Installation 00:12:01
- Using Node Part 2: Basics 00:29:24
- Using Node Part 3: Getting Stuck In 00:12:49
- Using Node Part 4: Express.js 00:10:56
- Understanding Node 00:22:53
- Node Ecosystem 00:10:22
- Programming Style 00:12:20
- Title: Tom Hughes-Croucher on Node
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920017097
You might also like
Web Developer Toolbox - Essentials for Modern Web Development
Simplify application development and deployment, by focusing on creating apps with improved capabilities About This Video …
Node.js, Express and MongoDB Dev to Deployment
Learn by Example Building and Deploying Real-World Node.js Applications from Absolute Scratch About This Video An …