(1) extremely sad; surrender or deny oneself
(2) give up rights; reject; relinquish; renounce;
(3) hopeless; servile
(1) “Scientists, being people of cognitive complexity, must start making their own decisions as to whether what they’re doing adds to human happiness or detracts from it, and not abnegate moral responsibility.”
—Weldon, Fay. “A ‘Profile’ of the Creator,” Washington Post, July 19, 1992.
Collocates to: moral, otherwise, responsibility, serve
(1) abolish; get rid of; negate; nullify by authority; repeal
(1) “[On love:] I have no respect for ...