Chapter 24: Habits determine your success
In this chapter, you will learn that:
• Good traders are made, not born. They follow distinct behaviour patterns that increase their probability for success.
• The development of good habits provides a framework for your trading activities and can help you to persist, even when the going gets tough.
• The main habits to cultivate are:
• trading with the trend
• setting stop losses
• utilising a written trading plan
• developing money management skills
• remaining detached
• using an appropriate instrument
• persisting in the face of adversity
• standing on your own two feet.
People sometimes ask me if they can watch me work. I always decline because they’d shrivel up with boredom. I work in rushes. ...