From the founder of the leading online trading education company Pristine.com, a simple technical method to trade or invest
Many trading books present esoteric trading concepts and complicated indicators that may look good on paper when viewing the past, but prove ineffective in the real world.
Trading Tools and Tactics: Reading the Mind of the Market doesn't just make investing look easy; it makes trading easy by teaching you not only how to identify price moves, but by helping you understand why prices move the way they do.
Covers managing trades and setting entries and stops, and helps you view how failed trades or chart patterns of the past can become new opportunities
Describes how to identify and understand supply and demand as it relates to resistance and support, as well as how to combine and read multiple time frames that offer the best opportunity to take profits
Details both concepts and practical tools to use for life, not just the current market
Investing is all about finding the right price patterns to profit from by understanding support, resistance, trends, and volume as well as identifying the best time frames to trade. Trading Tools shows you how to do just this.
This ebook does not include access to the companion materials.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: The Journey Begins
- Chapter 1: Subjective Doesn't Work in the Market
- Chapter 2: Candlestick Analysis
- Chapter 3: Support and Resistance
- Chapter 4: Moving Averages the Right Way
- Chapter 5: Volume Is Money
Chapter 6: Retracement Analysis
- THE CONCEPT OF RETRACEMENTS
- TO RETRACE OR NOT TO RETRACE?
- RETRACEMENTS IMPLY A TREND
- CONTINUING TO KEEP IT OBJECTIVE
- WHAT LIES BEYOND 60 PERCENT?
- RETRACEMENT LEVELS IN DOWNTRENDS
- A SPECIAL RETRACEMENT PATTERN
- RETRACEMENT LEVELS IN SIDEWAYS TRENDS
- WHAT LIES BEYOND 100 PERCENT?
- THE BIGGER PICTURE
- IN SUMMARY
- Chapter 7: Bar-by-Bar Analysis
- Chapter 8: Market Internals
- Chapter 9: Relative Strength
- Chapter 10: The Trend Is Your Friend
- Chapter 11: Shoot the Gap
- Chapter 12: Frame-by-Frame
- Chapter 13: Making Failure Work for You
- Chapter 14: Manage the Trade and the Money
- Chapter 15: Getting Through a Typical Trading Day
- Chapter 16: There Is Only One Truth in the Markets
- Appendix A: Abbreviations
- Appendix B: Trade Types
- About the Companion Website
- Title: Trading Tools and Tactics: Reading the Mind of the Market
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470540855
You might also like
High Probability Trading Strategies
In High Probability Trading Strategies, author and well-known trading educator Robert Miner skillfully outlines every aspect …
Trend Trading Set-Ups: Entering and Exiting Trends for Maximum Profit
An expert reveals a step-by-step process for profiting from neoclassical qualified trend trading Trend Trading Set-Ups …
Your Options Handbook: The Practical Reference and Strategy Guide to Trading Options
A comprehensive yet simplified guide to the complex world of options investing and risk management Before …
Mastering the Stock Market: High Probability Market Timing and Stock Selection Tools
Noted technical analyst John Person outlines a comprehensive method to pinpointing today's best trading opportunities The …