The essential guide to today's hottest technical indicator-the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo cloud chart
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo is a technical system that illustrates support and resistance values in a simplified form and is considered an extension of the very popular candlestick charting system. In fact, the system was built on the idea that at "one glance" you should be able to determine whether an instrument is in equilibrium (consolidation) or out of equilibrium (trending).
Written in a straightforward and accessible style, Trading with Ichimoku Clouds offers a solid foundation in this discipline as well as its technical strategies. It shows you how to create and implement a trading plan based on this approach that can easily be tailored to your trading style.
First available U.S. publication on this hot trading trend
Reveals how Ichimoku Clouds work in both bullish and bearish markets
Highlights how these strategies can easily be adopted for stocks, futures, bonds, and other vehicles
Works with all timeframes and all tradable instruments
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, Trading with Ichimoku Clouds will help you implement a proven strategy designed to capture trends that maximize profits and minimize losses. Furthermore, the user will be taken step by step through the entire decision-making process of trading an instrument for two years (back test).
Table of Contents
- 1. Ichimoku Components
- 2. Ichimoku Trading Plan
- 3. Ichimoku Backtesting
- 4. Post-Analysis
- 5. Ichimoku Strategies
- 6. Ichimoku Time Elements
7. Applied Trader Psychology/Doug Laughlin
- 7.1. IS IT AS EASY AS JUST BEING TAUGHT A NEW SYSTEM?
- 7.2. THE PROBLEM WE HAVE WITH GETTING IN OUR OWN WAY
- 7.3. IS THERE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE SMALL TRADER?
- 7.4. TRADERS MYTH—SMART PEOPLE MAKE THE BEST TRADERS
- 7.5. LOSING TRADES ARE ACCEPTABLE
- 7.6. A SUCCESSFUL SYSTEM WILL FORTIFY YOUR CONVICTIONS
- 7.7. SELF-SABOTAGE AND HOW IT APPLIES TO YOUR TRADING
- 7.8. IN SUMMARY—TRADER PSYCHOLOGY OVERALL
- 8. Day Trading with Ichimoku
- 9. Conclusion
- A. Ichimoku Analysis Sheet
- About the Author
- Title: Trading with Ichimoku Clouds: The Essential Guide to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Analysis
- Release date: June 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470609934