"This guide is essential for anyone who wants to set up a successful on-the-job training program. This book has everything you need, including
An eight-step model for setting up a structured, team-driven, on-the-job training program
Easy-to-understand templates, instructions, and checklists
Case examples for any size organization.
Whether you train employees in a single task or retrain an entire workforce, here's a book that ensures your on-the-job training gets bottom-line results."
Table of contents
- Introduction to Team-Driven Structured OJT
- OJT’s Eight-Step Model
- Step 1: Perform a Needs Identification
Step 2: Conduct a Team Job Task Analysis
- How to Differentiate Skill-Oriented Tasks from Knowledge-Oriented Tasks
- The Two-Question Technique Defined
- Guidelines for Listing Tasks
- How to Introduce the Team Job Task Analysis to the Design Team
- How to Select a Job Task for Analysis
- How to Apply the Two-Question Technique
- How to Wrap Up the Team Job Task Analysis
- How to Organize More Complex Job Tasks
- What About Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills?
- Chapter Summary
- Step 3: Develop a Project Plan
Step 4: Write Training Modules and Cover Sheets
- What Is a Training Module?
- Who Writes the Training Modules?
- What Does the Design Team Facilitator Do During the Writing Phase?
- When Does the Writing Begin and in What Order Are the Modules Written?
- What Is the Format for Training Modules?
- Are There “Rules” of Writing?
- How to Introduce Module Writing to the Design Team
- How to Introduce Human Factors to the Design Team
- Does the Two-Column Format Work for Both Skill and Knowledge Modules?
- How Will the Training Modules Be Used?
- Training Modules: Controlled or Uncontrolled Documents?
- Writing Training Module Cover Sheets
- How to Introduce Training Module Cover Sheets to Design Teams
- Chapter Summary
- Step 5: Create a Training Implementation Plan
- Step 6: Try Out, Evaluate, and Modify Training Modules and Cover Sheets
- Step 7: Set Up Maintenance and Evaluation Plans
- Step 8: Conduct OJT
- More Guidelines for Writing Training Modules
- For Further Reading
- About the Author
- Title: Training On the JOB: Step-by-Step Guidance Worksheets, Checklists, Case Examples Everything You Need to Succeed
- Release date: December 2001
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 1562863029
You might also like
Selective Visual Attention: Computational Models and Applications
Visual attention is a relatively new area of study combining a number of disciplines: artificial neural …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
“This book gives thorough, scholarly coverage of an area of growing importance in computer security and …
Communicating and Organizing in Context
Communicating and Organizing in Context integrates Giddens’ structuration theory with Goffman’s interaction order and develops a …