Proven HR strategies that can have a real impact on organizational success
This book demonstrates how some of the world's most admired and prominent organizations are redefining HR leadership by using evidence-based change to inform human capital decisions that optimize efficiency, effectiveness and strategic impact. The authors present the five foundational principles to the new HR decision science: Logic-driven analytics, segmentation, risk leverage, synergy and integration and optimization.
Includes practical suggestions and approaches to help executives put the book's principles into action
Contains insight based on the experiences of leading global organization such as PNC Bank, CME Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Deutsche Telekom and Shanda Interactive Entertainment
Features in-depth case studies of 6 international companies: Coca-Cola, Khazanah Nasional Berhad, IBM, Ameriprise Financial, Royal Bank of Canada and Royal Bank of Scotland
This groundbreaking book reveals a new approach to deliver sustainable change and business results. It is enhanced with success stories from leading companies that engage leadership and involve employees in ways that make a lasting impact on their companies.
Table of contents
- Introduction: The Promise of Evidence-Based Change
Part One: The Five Principles of Evidence-Based Change
- Chapter 1: Information Overload or Persuasive Analytics?
- Chapter 2: Where are Your Pivotal Talent Segments?
- Chapter 3: Risk
- Chapter 4: Your HR Portfolio
- Chapter 5: “Spreading Peanut Butter” or Optimizing Investments?
Part Two: Six In-Depth Cases of Evidence-Based Change
- Chapter 6: Royal Bank of Canada’s HR Partnership
- Chapter 7: Coca-Cola Combines Passion and Rigor
- Chapter 8: Khazanah Nasional’s Pursuit of Nation Building
- Chapter 9: IBM’s Workforce Management Initiative
- Chapter 10: Ameriprise Financial Reinvents its HR Function
- Chapter 11: Royal Bank of Scotland Proves People Matter
- Conclusion: Reflections on What We’ve Learned
- Appendix: Summary of Lessons Learned
- About the Authors
- Title: Transformative HR: How Great Companies Use Evidence-Based Change for Sustainable Advantage
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118036044
You might also like
Organizational Culture and Leadership, 5th Edition
The book that defined the field, updated and expanded for today's organizations Organizational Culture and Leadership …
The Employee Experience
Ever notice how companies with the best service also have the happiest employees? That’s no accident. …
Optimize Your Greatest Asset -- Your People: How to Apply Analytics to Big Data to Improve Your Human Capital Investments
Drive better business strategy with practical analytics for people data Optimize Your Greatest Asset — Your …
Project Management Leadership: Building Creative Teams, 2nd Edition
Project Management Leadership is a comprehensive guide to the human factors involved in Project Management, in …