Critical Issues for the Future of Health Care in the United States
- Understand the major problems found in the U.S. health care system
- Become aware of the ramifications of the epidemic of chronic diseases in this country
- Understand the value of health education in preventing the development of chronic diseases and their complications
- Appreciate the need for reform of the present system of health care delivery in America
- Be able to explain how the problems of cost, access, and health levels in our health care system are interrelated
The American health care system, which was the envy of the world, is not working very well. Even those who manage this enormous system are not happy with the results it has produced. ...