Shifting the Focus from Communicable to Chronic Diseases
- Comprehend the widespread problems that will result from the increasing incidence of chronic diseases in the United States
- Become aware of the fact that chronic diseases cannot be cured
- Recognize that if chronic diseases cannot be cured, they must be prevented
- Acknowledge the need for partnerships in dealing with the health problems associated with chronic diseases
- Understand the necessity of increased funding for chronic disease prevention programs
The United States spends over $2 trillion on a health care system that is not producing great value for the recipients of its medical care. Despite spending all of this money every year on health care, millions ...