LEADERSHIP EXERCISES FOR EACH CHAPTER
For all of these exercises, you should use a notebook or a journal that you can keep as a record of them and update them whenever appropriate.
Introduction Exercise: Your Development as an Authentic Leader
After reading the Introduction, think about the basis for your leadership and the process you need to go through to become an authentic leader. The following exercise will get you started.
1. What leaders, past or present, do you admire most?
• What is it about them that you admire?
• Which of these leaders do you consider to be authentic leaders?
• What can you learn from their leadership?
2. Thinking back over all your leadership experiences in your lifetime, which ones are you proudest of?