15+ Hours of Video Instruction
Ultimate Go Programming LiveLessons provides an intensive, comprehensive, and idiomatic view of the Go programming language. This course focuses on both the specification and implementation of the language, including topics ranging from language syntax, design, and guidelines to concurrency, testing, and profiling. This class is perfect for anyone who wants a jump-start in learning Go or wants a more thorough understanding of the language and its internals.
In this video training, Bill Kennedy starts by providing a deep and intensive dive into Go's language syntax, idioms, implementation, and specification. Then Bill guides you through the essential things you need to know about designing software in Go. With that strong foundation, Bill then teaches the language mechanics behind Go's concurrency primitives and covers all the things you need to know to design concurrent software. Finally, Bill covers the tooling Go provides for testing, tracing, and profiling your programs.
About the Instructor
William Kennedy is a managing partner at Ardan Studio in Miami, Florida, a mobile, web, and systems development company. He is also a coauthor of the book Go in Action, the author of the blog "GoingGo.Net," and a founding member of GoBridge, which is working to increase Go adoption through embracing diversity.
What You Will Learn
- Language mechanics and internals
- Data structures and mechanical sympathy
- Software design and best practices
- Project structure and design
- Concurrent software design
- Testing and benchmarking
- Tracing and profiling
Who Should Take This Course
Any intermediate-level developer who has some experience with other programming languages and wants to learn Go. This video is perfect for anyone who wants a jump-start in learning Go or wants a more thorough understanding of the language, its internals and how to design software.
- Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally.
- Familiar with structural and object-oriented programming styles.
- Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks.
- Understands processes, threads and synchronization at a high level.
- Operating Systems
- Has worked with a command shell
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system
- Understands what environment variables are
About Pearson Video TrainingPearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video Training at http:// www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Design Guidelines
- Lesson 2: Language Syntax
- Lesson 3: Data Structures
- Lesson 4: Decoupling
- Lesson 5: Composition
- Lesson 6: Error Handling
- Lesson 7: Packaging
- Lesson 8: Goroutines
- Lesson 9: Data Races
- Lesson 10: Channels
- Lesson 11: Concurrency Patterns
- Lesson 12: Testing
- Lesson 13: Profiling
- Ultimate Go Programming: Summary 00:01:54
- Title: Ultimate Go Programming
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134757475
You might also like
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Go in Action Video Edition
"A concise and comprehensive guide to exploring, learning, and using Go." From the Foreword by Steve …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Ultimate Go Programming, Second Edition
16+ Hours of Video Instruction provides an intensive, comprehensive, and idiomatic view of the Go programming …