Chapter 2. Integrating AIX NIM with IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager 39
Figure 2-3 Shared NIM and IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager environment
2.7.1 Creating tasks
We create tasks in IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager to execute installations
scripts, configuration and administration of NIM resources, and installation of
gateways and endpoints.
To create tasks in a policy region:
1. Run the tivoli command to display the Tivoli desktop.
2. Double-click the policy region in which you want to create the task. The policy
region window, where you can create a task library, opens, as shown in
Figure 2-4 on page 40.
40 Unattended Pristine Installation with IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
Figure 2-4 Creating a task library
3. Select TaskLibrary from the policy region’s Create menu to display the
Create Task Library dialog box, as shown in Figure 2-5.
Figure 2-5 Create Task Library dialog box
4. Enter the task library name and click Create & Close.
5. Double-click the new task library you just created. The dialog box in which to
create the task opens, as shown in Figure 2-6 on page 41.