Soon we'll sound the trumpets for the arrival of CIs, but we need to explore several other ideas first. Watch out for the dance of the means and the mean heap, then the margin of error. After that the trumpets won't be far away. Here's the plan for the chapter:
- The population and a random sample
- Sampling: dance of the means and the mean heap
- Errors of estimation, and the margin of error (MOE)
- Confidence intervals at last
- Reporting CIs
- Interpreting CIs: the first three approaches
There are two parts to this chapter: The ...