Time for action - enter the hero
Because the hero from our last game does a lot of the same stuff we want our spaceship to do, we really only have to replace the dude with the ship for fast, fun results.
- In the Project panel, find the HeroShip model and drag it into the Scene.
- In the Hierarchy panel, click on the gray arrow to expand the Character Prefab.
- Click on the child object called Armature, and press the Delete key on your keyboard (Command + Delete on a Mac) to get rid of it.
- Click on Continue when Unity warns you about losing the connection to the Prefab. Aaand... poof! No more dude.
- In the Hierarchy panel, drag the heroShip into the recently gutted Character Prefab. (Do this all within the Hierarchy panel not in the Project panel.) ...