Terrain and Audio
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand what ‘terrain’ is
2. Be able to generate and sculpt terrain for your games
3. Know how to paint and decorate terrain
4. Be able to explore terrain in first-person mode
5. Know how to create and use 3D Audio
In this chapter we’ll examine ‘terrain’ in Unity, an issue falling squarely within steps 3 and 4 of the six-step Unity workflow. These steps describe the process of ‘level building’ or ‘scene creation’ using the Unity editor tools. Like the previous chapter, this chapter will focus on a practical project: we’ll use the Terrain tools to create a scene featuring ...