To use root motion for steering, follow these steps:
- Import your character with Idle, WalkForward, WalkLeft, and WalkRight root motion animations into Unity.
- Select the character asset file and go to the Inspector. Make sure the Animation Type is set properly for your character (Generic or Humanoid). If you are using a Generic character, make sure to set its Root Node.
- Go to the Animation tab and select the Idle animation. Select all the Bake Into Pose options and set the Base Upon option of the Root Transform Rotation to Original.
- For the WalkForward animation, select the same options as for the Idle animation, but uncheck Bake Into Pose for Root Transform Position (XZ).
- For the WalkLeft and WalkRight animations, set all ...