To configure a generic rig you need to follow these steps:
- Import your animated asset into Unity the same way as in the Importing skeletal animations recipe.
- Select the asset and choose the Rig tab in the Inspector. Then select the Generic option in the Animation Tab drop-down menu. If you are using the provided example Unity Project, select the Generic.fbx file in the Chapter 01 Working with animations\Recipe 02 Configuring generic and humanoid rigs\Rigs directory.
- Choose the Create From This Model option from the Avatar Definition drop-down menu.
- Leave the Root Node option set to None.
- Leave the Optimize Game Objects option unchecked.
- Click on the Apply button to complete the configuration.
Humanoid rig configuration has ...