Get up and running with the world’s leading game engine.
About This Video
- Learn one of the most popular tools in the industry and develop a 3D game in only 7 days, without any prior knowledge of game development.
- Learn game-development best practices with relevant and practical examples.
- Create an interesting 3D game using Unity 2019 for free, with only a few lines of code.
Curious about game development but afraid to get into it because it seems too hard? Fear no more! With this course, you will learn how to develop games with one of the most popular engines in the industry. You will learn only relevant and practical information, and appreciate how it applies to the real world.
By the end of this course, you will have a full-scale 3D game, similar to indie favorites such as Dear Esther, Amnesia, and Gone Home. In only 4 hours, you will become an indie developer!
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for this course on GitHub at the following link: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Unity-Game-Development-in-4-hours. If you require support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation and Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Unity Workflow and the First Steps
Chapter 3 : Introduction to 3D Level Design: Whiteboxing
- Introduction to Whiteboxing and Real-World Examples 00:04:10
- Basics of 3D Level Design Principles – Part One 00:04:06
- Basics of 3D Level Design Principles –Part Two 00:02:52
- Getting Started with ProBuilder Tool – Part One 00:05:30
- Getting Started with ProBuilder Tool – Part Two 00:04:34
- Building and Testing the Levels – Part One 00:04:50
- Building and Testing the Levels – Part Two 00:03:18
Chapter 4 : Fantastic Free Assets and Where to Find Them?
- Asset Store 00:05:53
- Importing Different Kinds of Assets to the Unity – Part One 00:05:54
- Importing Different Kinds of Assets to the Unity – Part Two 00:04:29
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part One 00:08:00
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Two 00:04:26
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Three 00:04:29
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Four 00:06:39
Chapter 5 : Make It Work
- Unity Specific Functions – Part One 00:04:53
- Unity Specific Functions – Part Two 00:04:06
- Utilizing Colliders, Triggers, and Layers – Part One 00:05:46
- Utilizing Colliders, Triggers, and Layers – Part Two 00:02:44
- Getting User Input and Creating a Basic Inventory System – Part One 00:05:35
- Getting User Input and Creating a Basic Inventory System – Part Two 00:05:47
- Creating a Message System 00:03:59
- Chapter 6 : Improving User Experience
Chapter 7 : Final Touches
- What “Polishing” Means and Why It Is Important 00:03:12
- Polishing Our Game – Part One: Pause Menu 00:05:58
- Polishing Our Game – Part Two: Game Over and Main Menu 00:04:22
- Polishing Our Game – Part Three: Movement and Sounds 00:06:32
- Polishing Our Game – Part Four: Lights 00:08:02
- Polishing Our Game – Part Five: Font and Post-Process Effects 00:04:30
- Overview of the Player Settings and Building the Game 00:04:04
- Title: Unity Game Development in 4 hours
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838551520
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Simply SQL is a practical step-by-step guide to writing SQL. You'll learn how to make the …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …