Get up and running with the world’s leading game engine.
About This Video
- Learn one of the most popular tools in the industry and develop a 3D game in only 7 days, without any prior knowledge of game development.
- Learn game-development best practices with relevant and practical examples.
- Create an interesting 3D game using Unity 2019 for free, with only a few lines of code.
Curious about game development but afraid to get into it because it seems too hard? Fear no more! With this course, you will learn how to develop games with one of the most popular engines in the industry. You will learn only relevant and practical information, and appreciate how it applies to the real world.
By the end of this course, you will have a full-scale 3D game, similar to indie favorites such as Dear Esther, Amnesia, and Gone Home. In only 4 hours, you will become an indie developer!
This course is for aspiring game developers who have basic knowledge of C#. Have you just completed an introductory course for C# and can’t wait to develop an actual game but don’t know where to begin? Or perhaps you already familiar with another game engine and want to learn Unity as well? Then this course is just for you! So grab this course and begin your career as an indie game developer!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation and Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Unity Workflow and the First Steps
Chapter 3 : Introduction to 3D Level Design: Whiteboxing
- Introduction to Whiteboxing and Real-World Examples
- Basics of 3D Level Design Principles – Part One
- Basics of 3D Level Design Principles –Part Two
- Getting Started with ProBuilder Tool – Part One
- Getting Started with ProBuilder Tool – Part Two
- Building and Testing the Levels – Part One
- Building and Testing the Levels – Part Two
Chapter 4 : Fantastic Free Assets and Where to Find Them?
- Asset Store
- Importing Different Kinds of Assets to the Unity – Part One
- Importing Different Kinds of Assets to the Unity – Part Two
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part One
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Two
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Three
- Implementing Assets to Game and Finalizing Level Design – Part Four
Chapter 5 : Make It Work
- Unity Specific Functions – Part One
- Unity Specific Functions – Part Two
- Utilizing Colliders, Triggers, and Layers – Part One
- Utilizing Colliders, Triggers, and Layers – Part Two
- Getting User Input and Creating a Basic Inventory System – Part One
- Getting User Input and Creating a Basic Inventory System – Part Two
- Creating a Message System
- Chapter 6 : Improving User Experience
Chapter 7 : Final Touches
- What “Polishing” Means and Why It Is Important
- Polishing Our Game – Part One: Pause Menu
- Polishing Our Game – Part Two: Game Over and Main Menu
- Polishing Our Game – Part Three: Movement and Sounds
- Polishing Our Game – Part Four: Lights
- Polishing Our Game – Part Five: Font and Post-Process Effects
- Overview of the Player Settings and Building the Game
- Title: Unity Game Development in 4 hours
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838551520
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Writing Interactive Music for Video Games: A Composer’s Guide
“This book is a must read for newcomers and experienced composers wanting to learn more about …
Unity Game Development Video How-To
Skip the reading and learn by watching! Short, clear videos show you visually how to develop …
Game Audio Development with Unity 5.X
Create ?AAA' quality game audio with new features and tools built for Unity About This Book …