This chapter covers
- Assembling objects and code from other projects
- Programming point-and-click controls
- Upgrading the UI from the old to a new system
- Loading new levels in response to objectives
- Setting up win/loss conditions
- Saving and loading the player’s progress
The project in this chapter will tie together everything from previous chapters. Most chapters have been pretty self-contained, and there hasn’t been an end-to-end look at the entire game. I’ll walk you through pulling together pieces that have been introduced separately so that you know how to build a complete game out of all the pieces. I’ll also discuss the encompassing structure of the game, including switching levels ...