21.1 SEVEN COMMON-SENSE RULES OF SECURITY
Effective system security has its roots in common sense and is a lot like dealing with an infestation of mice in your house. Here are seven rules you might use:
• Don’t leave things that are likely to be interesting to mice lying on the kitchen table overnight. Cheese and peanut butter are excellent mouse getters.
• Plug the holes that mice are using to get into the house. If they can’t get in, they won’t bother you.
• Don’t provide places within the house for mice to build nests. Piles of dirty clothes on the floor make good nests.
• Set traps along walls where you often see mice out of the corner of your eye.
• Check the traps daily to rebait them and to dispose of squashed mice. Full traps ...