Chapter 3. C++ Code – PAC-MAN
In this chapter, you are going learn how to write a code in UE4. Blueprint, as we saw in the previous chapters, is a wonderful tool that allows you to manage almost everything that you need for your project. Almost, yes, as even the most complex and complete tools have their limits and, at the moment, writing a code remains the only way to produce games with 100% freedom for exactly what, where, and how you want it.
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Creating a class
- Compiling and debugging a code
- Communicating between Blueprint and code
- Discussing navigation Meshes
- Discussing simple artificial intelligence
- Discussing collision type and preset
- Discussing player input
UE4 is different from its precursor UE3 that ...