It is time to complete this project, merging together what we did so far and adding the gameplay scripts.
The game mechanic of the game expected:
- A timer that goes down each second
- An energy that is used by the player when accelerating the ship and a ship that can accelerate only if it has enough energy
- A score that increases each time an item is collected
- A game over that is shown when the player ends its time
- The possibility to restart the game as many times as the player desires
- Collectables that spawn periodically
For GameOver, we can create a third UI window that shows the score and the button of the main menu; however, let's keep it simple. We can connect a second event called GameOver on an HUD class BeginPlay event. This will be called ...
Get Unreal Engine Game Development Blueprints now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.