In this Up to Speed with PHP 7 training course, expert author David Powers will teach you about the new features and changes in the next major version of PHP. This course is designed for users that already have a solid understanding of PHP.
You will start by learning about what has changed in PHP 7, including internal changes, changes to existing features, and removed features. From there, David will teach you about new operators and functions and type checking. This video tutorial also covers classes and generators and error handling, including anonymous classes, generator delegation, and how to catch fatal errors. Finally, you will cover miscellaneous changes, such as using reserved words in classes, uniform variable syntax, and using assertions for debugging.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned all about the changes and new features in PHP 7. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- What Has Changed In PHP 7?
New Operators And Functions
- Comparing Values With The Spaceship Operator 00:06:10
- Substituting Unset Values With The Null Coalesce Operator 00:05:30
- Unicode Codepoint Escape Syntax 00:04:23
- Integer Division 00:05:12
- Generating Random Bytes 00:01:44
- Generating Random Numbers 00:01:57
- Multiple Callbacks With preg_replace_callback_array 00:07:52
- Return Type Declarations - Compound Types 00:07:04
- Introduction To Scalar Type Hinting 00:03:41
- Scalar Return Type Declarations 00:04:57
- Scalar Parameter Declarations 00:04:51
- Combining Scalar Parameter And Return Type Declarations 00:07:18
- Effect Of Strict Mode On Built-In Functions 00:04:18
- Using Scalar Type Hints With User Input 00:03:37
- Scalar Type Hinting - Review 00:03:41
- Classes And Generators
- Error Handling
- Other Miscellaneous Changes
- PHP 7 Assessed 00:02:57
- Title: Up to Speed with PHP 7
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771374910