Looking for a guide to overall planning, the millennium development goals (MDGs) were the eight international development goals for the year 2015 that had been established after the millennium summit of the United Nations in 2000, following the adoption of the United Nations Millennium Declaration. All 191 United Nations member states at that time, and at least 22 international organizations, committed themselves to helping achieve the following development goals by the year 2015:
1. To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
2. To achieve universal primary education.
3. To promote gender equality and empower women.
4. To reduce child mortality.
5. To improve maternal health.
6. To combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, ...