124 Using BPEL Processes in WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation - Business Process Integration and Supply Chain Solutions
This section provides an overview of some of the common tasks you can perform
using the BPEL editor.
Create a new business process
To create a new business process:
1. Switch to the Business Integration Perspective in WebSphere Studio
Application Developer Integration Edition.
2. Create a Service project by clicking File
→ New → Service Project from the
3. Select this newly created Service project and click File
→ New → Business
4. In the New Business Process window, specify a package and a name for the
new process, and click Next.
5. In the Choose Process Type window choose from the options listed below,
and click Finish.
– Flow-based BPEL process - Use this setting if you want that control
dictated by control links.
– Sequence-based BPEL process - Use this setting if you want your process
controlled by structured activities.
This creates a process, and launches it in a new process editor. It also generates
a few files that you can view in the Services view. The file with the .bpel
extension contains the code that describes this process, and the WSDL file
describes the service interface.
Screenshots of this task can be seen in the sample BPEL section in “Common
tasks” on page 165.
This section provides an overview of how to work with partner links in the BPEL
Tip: The activity type can be changed by right-clicking the activity in the
process editor and selecting the Change Type menu item. Use this facility
with caution; changing the type of a structured activity such as sequence or
flow will delete the contents of that block.