A clear, concise, and easy-to-use guide to financial modelling suitable for practitioners at every level
Using a fundamental approach to financial modelling that's accessible to both new and experienced professionals, Using Excel for Business Analysis: A Guide to Financial Modelling Fundamentals + Website offers practical guidance for anyone looking to build financial models for business proposals, to evaluate opportunities, or to craft financial reports. Comprehensive in nature, the book covers the principles and best practices of financial modelling, including the Excel tools, formulas, and functions to master, and the techniques and strategies necessary to eliminate errors.
As well as explaining the essentials of financial modelling, Using Excel for Business Analysis is packed with exercises and case studies to help you practice and test your comprehension, and includes additional resources online.
Provides comprehensive coverage of the principles and best practices of financial modeling, including planning, how to structure a model, layout, the anatomy of a good model, rebuilding an inherited model, and much more
Demonstrates the technical Excel tools and techniques needed to build a good model successfully
Outlines the skills you need to learn in order to be a good financial modeller, such as technical, design, and business and industry knowledge
Illustrates successful best practice modeling techniques such as linking, formula consistency, formatting, and labeling
Describes strategies for reducing errors and how to build error checks and other methods to ensure accurate and robust models
A practical guide for professionals, including those who do not come from a financial background, Using Excel for Business Analysis is a fundamentals-rich approach to financial modeling.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What is Financial Modelling?
- Chapter 2: Building a Model
- Chapter 3: Best Practice Principles of Modelling
- Chapter 4: Financial Modelling Techniques
- Chapter 5: Using Excel in Financial Modelling
- Chapter 6: Functions for Financial Modelling
- Chapter 7: Tools for Model Display
- Chapter 8: Tools for Financial Modelling
- Chapter 9: Common Uses of Tools in Financial Modelling
- Chapter 10: Model Review
- Chapter 11: Stress-Testing, Scenarios, and Sensitivity Analysis in Financial Modelling
- Chapter 12: Presenting Model Output
- About the Author
- About the Website
- Title: Using Excel for Business Analysis: A Guide to Financial Modelling Fundamentals, + Website
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118132876