You retrieve an element from a sequence container by its position. You can access the first or last element of a deque, for example, or an element in a vector by its index position. Map containers work quite differently, as this chapter will explain. In this chapter you’ll learn the following:
- What is meant by an associative container.
- What a map container is and how it is typically organized.
- The types of map containers that are available and their capabilities.
- The functions that map containers provide.
- What a pair is and what it is used for.
- What a tuple is and how you use it.
Introducing Map Containers
The sequence ...