Learn basic and advanced uses of WebPagetest, the performance measurement tool for optimizing websites. This practical guide shows users new to this tool how run tests and interpret results, and helps experienced users gain a better and more thorough understanding of hidden features in WebPagetest that make testing easier.
Table of contents
- I. Basic Use Cases
- 1. How Fast Is My Page?
- 2. What’s Slowing Down My Page?
- 3. Cache Optimization
- 4. Comparing Tests
- II. Intermediate Use Cases
- 5. Simulating Real Users
- 6. Mobile Testing
- 7. Scripting Preconditions
- 8. SPOF Testing
- III. Advanced Use Cases
- 9. WebPageTest API
10. Continuous Integration
- Node.js Wrapper
- Asserting Metrics from Test Results
- Jenkins Integration
- Travis-CI Integration
11. Private Instances
- How Does WebPageTest Work?
- Using the Preconfigured AWS AMI
- Creating Your Own Local Installation
- Private-Instance-Only Features
- Day-to-Day Management
- Contributing Changes to WebPageTest
- A. API Input/Output Reference Guide
- Title: Using WebPageTest
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491902592
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Software Architecture Patterns
The success of any application or system depends on the architecture pattern you use. By describing …