Learn basic and advanced uses of WebPagetest, the performance measurement tool for optimizing websites. This practical guide shows users new to this tool how run tests and interpret results, and helps experienced users gain a better and more thorough understanding of hidden features in WebPagetest that make testing easier.
Table of contents
- I. Basic Use Cases
- 1. How Fast Is My Page?
- 2. What’s Slowing Down My Page?
- 3. Cache Optimization
- 4. Comparing Tests
- II. Intermediate Use Cases
- 5. Simulating Real Users
- 6. Mobile Testing
- 7. Scripting Preconditions
- 8. SPOF Testing
- III. Advanced Use Cases
- 9. WebPageTest API
10. Continuous Integration
- Node.js Wrapper
- Asserting Metrics from Test Results
- Jenkins Integration
- Travis-CI Integration
11. Private Instances
- How Does WebPageTest Work?
- Using the Preconfigured AWS AMI
- Creating Your Own Local Installation
- Private-Instance-Only Features
- Day-to-Day Management
- Contributing Changes to WebPageTest
- A. API Input/Output Reference Guide
- Title: Using WebPageTest
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491902592
You might also like
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Web Application Security
While many resources for network and IT security are available, detailed knowledge regarding modern web application …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …