• What the BOpoT is
• What are the rational and emotional sides to commitment
• The role of intuition and other decision-making systems in commitment
• How regret impacts our choices
• How to say yes and get what we want
• How to say no positively
• How to overcome a last-minute “no” or an impasse
A successful negotiation process anticipates and deals with many of the complicated commitment variables. A commitment happens when the parties respond to the “best option on the table” (BOpoT). In an instant, a “mental click” has the parties decide to say yes or no to the BOpoT. A good bridge and value pursuit may give the impression that commitment comes about easily and quickly, but this is rarely the case. ...