The VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending “Review Tasks” help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Master VMware VCAP5-DCA exam topics
Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes and review tasks
Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
Practice with realistic exam preparation scenarios
The VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 — Data Center Administration. VMware Certified Instructors (VCI) Steve Baca and John Davis share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
This Official Cert Guide comes with access to one set of original practice scenarios designed to prepare you for the experience of the real exam and get you comfortable executing the scenarios in order to complete them in the limited amount of time during the actual test. Content on the practice scenarios maps to the VCAP blueprint and is relevant to both the VCAPDCA510 and VCAPDCA550 exams. All the scenarios are based on real world experiences, where administration tasks that are covered by the exam, may need to be applied.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The official study guide helps you master many of the topics on the VCAP5-DCA exam, including:
Using administrator tools such as the vSphere Client, ESXCLI, vmkfstools, ESXTOP, vCLI, vMA, and PowerCLI.
Understanding the networking features that are available in vSphere, such as VLAN, PVLANS, and Netflow.
Managing vSphere features and technologies that can be used to provide solutions to various storage challenges.
Understanding performance tuning, optimization and troubleshooting.
Carrying out a cluster configuration, troubleshoot, and management of a vSphere Cluster.
Performing patch management and updating of ESXi hosts, virtual machine hardware, VMware Tools, and virtual appliances using VMware Update Manager.
Recognizing how logging works for both ESXi hosts and the vCenter Server
Identifying the different methods to secure your vSphere environment.
Making sense of Auto Deploy and how its moving parts work.
The VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit www.vmware.com/training.
STEVEN BACA (VCP, VCAP-DCA, VCI, VCP, NCDA) has been in the computer industry for more than 20 years. Originally a computer programmer and a system administrator working on Unix and Windows systems, he transitioned to VMware about 8 years ago, doing technical training and consulting as well as teaching for NetApp. He believes that the constant evolution of the computer industry requires continuously learning to stay ahead.
JOHN A. DAVIS (VCP, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD, VCAP5-DTD VCI) has been teaching on VMware technologies since 2004. Throughout his tenure, he has taught VMware courses all over the globe. Currently John is a Senior Consulting Engineer at New Age Technologies who splits his time between teaching and consulting. John has authored several white papers and blogs regularly to his vLoreBlog.com.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Administrator Tools
- Chapter 2. Network Administration
Chapter 3. Storage Concepts
- “Do I Know This Already?” Quiz
- RAID Levels
- Supported HBA Types
- Virtual Disk Format Types
- N-Port ID Virtualization
- VMware DirectPath I/O
- vCenter Server Storage Filters
- Understanding and Applying VMFS Re-signaturing
- VAAI Hardware Acceleration
- Configuring and Administering Profile-based Storage
- Preparing Storage for Maintenance
- Upgrading VMware Storage Infrastructure
- Identifying Storage Provisioning Methods
- Configuring Datastore Alarms
- Configuring Datastore Clusters
- Configuring Software iSCSI Port Binding
- Pluggable Storage Architecture Layout
- Installing and Configuring PSA Plug-ins
- LUN Masking Using PSA-related Commands
- Multipathing Policies
- Changing a Multipath Policy
- Identifying and Tagging SSD Devices
- Exam Preparation Tasks
- Chapter 4. Performance
- Chapter 5. Clusters
- Chapter 6. Patch Management
Chapter 7. Logging
- “Do I Know This Already?” Quiz
- Generate vCenter Server and ESXi Log Bundles
- Configure Logging Level for the vCenter Server
- Log Files
- Use ESXCLI System Syslog to Configure Centralized Logging on ESXi Hosts
- Install and Configure VMware Syslog Collector
- Analyze and Test Logging Configuration Information
- Install and Configure vSphere ESXi Dump Collector
- Exam Preparation Tasks
- Chapter 8. Security and Firewall
- Chapter 9. Auto Deploy
- Chapter 10. Scenarios
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes
Appendix B. Hands-On Solutions to Chapter 10 Scenarios
- Implement and Manage Storage—Hands-On Solutions
- Implement and Manage Network—Hands-On Solutions
- Deploy DRS Clusters and Manage Performance—Hands-On Solutions
- Manage Business Continuity and Protected Data—Hands-On Solutions
- Perform Operational Maintenance—Hands-On Solutions
- Perform Advance Troubleshooting—Hands-On Solutions
- Secure a vSphere Environment—Hands-On Solutions
- Perform Scripting and Automation—Hands-On Solutions
- Perform Advanced vSphere Installations and Configurations—Hands-On Solutions
- Practice Lab 1 [This content is currently in development.]
- Practice Lab 2 [This content is currently in development.]
- Practice Lab 3 [This content is currently in development.]
- Title: VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5- Data Center Administration
- Release date: May 2014
- Publisher(s): VMware Press
- ISBN: 9780133579727
You might also like
Windows Server 2019 Administration Fundamentals - Second Edition
Deploy, set up, and deliver network services with Windows Server 2019, and prepare for the MTA …
Mastering Windows Server 2019 - Second Edition
Enhance and secure your datacenter with the newest Microsoft server platform Key Features Develop necessary skills …
Windows Server 2019 & PowerShell All-in-One For Dummies
Your one-stop reference for Windows Server 2019 and PowerShell know-how Windows Server 2019 & PowerShell All-in-One …
CCNP and CCIE Security Core SCOR 350-701
12+ Hours of Video Instruction More than 12 hours of video instruction and remediation organized to …