The Publisher regrets that the companion CD/DVD content for this title cannot be made available Online.
The VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending exam preparation tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Master VMware VCAP5-DCD exam topics
Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
The VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5–Data Center Design exam. VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) Paul McSharry shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning¿ path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning,¿ and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit¿ www.vmware.com/training.
PAUL MCSHARRY (VCP, VCAP, VCI, MCSE, MCITP, CompTIA CTT+ and Microsoft MCT credentials), has more than 15 years of IT experience and is an independent virtualization consultant and instructor based¿ in the United Kingdom. When not working in the field, he is often found instructing VMware-authorized classes for various VMware authorized training providers. He has been awarded the vExpert designation¿ for his work within the VMware community and blogs at http://www.elasticsky.co.uk.
The official study guide¿ helps you master many of the topics on the VCAP5-DCD¿ exam, including
Understanding the design process and associated terminology
Creating the design, information gathering, and logical design presentation
Making meaningful choices¿ in virtualization design
Creating logical designs and the process to evolve them into the final physical design
Comprehending project execution and the order of delivery, task validation,¿ and project documentation
Preparing for the exam with tips and strategy
Reviewing the VCAP-DCD experience
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Who Should Read This Book
- Goals and Methods
- How to Use This Book
- The Designer’s Toolkit
- The VCAP5-DCD Certification Exam and This Book
- Book Content Updates
- Pearson IT Certification Practice Test Engine and Questions on the DVD
- Install the Software from the DVD
- Activate and Download the Practice Exam
- Activating Other Exams
- Premium Edition
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Technical Design
- Chapter 2. Creating a Design
- Chapter 3. Thoughts on Good Choices for Virtualization and Design
- Chapter 4. Developing a Design on Paper and Delivering It Physically
- Chapter 5. Virtual Machine Design
- Chapter 6. Project Execution
- Chapter 7. Tips For Passing The Exam
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes and Chapter Review Questions
- Appendix B. Recommended Reading and Assumed Platform Knowledge
- Where are the Companion Content Files?
- Title: VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5-Data Center Design
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): VMware Press
- ISBN: 9780133125344