Prepare to succeed at your VCDX panel defense and gain world-class knowledge for designing complex VMware environments
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of VMware certification, achieved by dedicated professionals who have demonstrated exceptional skill in VMware enterprise deployments. To earn a VCDX, professionals must create a complete enterprise VMware design and undergo an arduous defense at the hands of some of the world’s most sophisticated VMware experts.
Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive guide to VCDX defense: VCDX Boot Camp. Based on the legendary standing-room-only boot camps led by VCDX co-creator John Arrasjid, this guide captures the unsurpassed personal experience of three pioneering VCDX certification holders, program developers, and defense panelists.
John Arrasjid, Ben Lin, and Mostafa Khalil cover everything you need to know to prepare for certification. They demystify the entire VCDX defense process, clearly explain its format and prerequisites, and offer indispensable tips for maximizing your likelihood of success. Detailed chapters on both design and troubleshooting offer four complete scenarios explaining exactly what VCDX panelists will expect from your defense.
Learn how to think like a VCDX, discovering powerful insights and best practices for designing your own world-class virtualized environment.
• Authoritative preparation guidance (including expert insights into scheduling your preparation and defense)
• Tips for conducting mock defenses, boot camps, and study sessions with your colleagues
• How to select, create, and document a superior, defensible design
• How to make design choices and incorporate design patterns that support the VCDX blueprint
• How to confidently defend your skills in architecture, designing new solutions, and troubleshooting design or implementation flaws
• Proven tips for responding to tough questions from panelists
• Detailed example defenses of designs incorporating VCDX-DCV, VCDX-Cloud, and VCDX-DT
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Certification Overview
- Chapter 2. Preparation
- Chapter 3. The Design
- Chapter 4. Defense Overview
- Chapter 5. Design Defense
- Chapter 6. The Design Scenario
- Chapter 7. The Troubleshooting Scenario
- Biography [This content is currently in development.]
- Title: VCDX Boot Camp: Preparing for the VCDX Panel Defense
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): VMware Press
- ISBN: 9780133378054