The Publisher regrets that the companion CD/DVD content cannot be made available Online.
The VCP5-DT Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test-preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. "Do I Know This Already?" quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Master VMware VCP5-DT exam topics
Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
The VCP5-DT Official Cert Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VMware Certified Professional 5—Desktop exam. VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) Linus Bourque shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in¿ a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and¿ retaining exam topics.
Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The VCP5-DT Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training¿ from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from¿ VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training,¿ e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit www.vmware.com/training.
The official study guide¿ helps you master many of the topics on the VCP5-DT exam, including
Installing and configuring all the key components in your VMware View
Understanding storage¿ of virtual datacenters and virtual machines
Creating, configuring, and optimizing virtual desktops
Understanding how local mode and kiosk desktops¿ fit into the environment
Learning the key components of your View environment and how they work together
Providing direction and encouragement to schedule, take, and pass the exam
Comprehending how to configure and optimize Windows desktops¿ for a virtual desktop¿ environment
Leveraging GPOs to improve¿ a VDI environment
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- What Is Virtualization?
- vSphere 5
- What Is VDI and View?
- Who Should Read This Book
- Goals and Methods
- How to Use This Book
- Certification Exam and This Preparation Guide
- Book Content Updates
- Pearson IT Certification Practice Test Engine and Questions on the DVD
- Install the Software from the DVD
- Activate and Download the Practice Exam
- Activating Other Exams
- Premium Edition
- Chapter 1. What Makes Up View?
- Chapter 2. Configuring the View Environment
- Chapter 3. Printing in the View Environment
- Chapter 4. The Protocols
- Chapter 5. Interacting with Active Directory
- Chapter 6. Optimizing the Operating System
- Chapter 7. Kiosk Mode
- Chapter 8. Local Mode
- Chapter 9. Troubleshooting
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes and Review Questions
- Appendix B. GPOs
- Where are the Companion Content Files?
- Title: VCP5-DT Official Cert Guide: VMware Certified Professional 5 - Desktop
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): VMware Press
- ISBN: 9780133150285