Web site owners, developers, and bloggers without a design background or design skills who want to improve the visual impact of their sites will appreciate this overview of visual content hacks by content marketing expert Laura Busche. Her video covers four main topics: An explanation of why visuals are so important in content marketing; a look at some of the highly available tools that make the creation of visuals relatively easy for the non-designer; a review of the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing your visuals; and a discussion of the best practices to use when requesting outsourced visuals.
- Master the quick ways to boost the visual impact of your web sites using visual design hacks
- Explore some key factors - legibility and contrast, CTA presence, etc. – that denote visual success
- Understand when to make your visuals in-house and when to outsource them
- Learn the five most important things you should include in a request for an outsourced visual
Laura Busche, director of content strategy at Creative Market and co-founder of the interactive agency Ozone Labs, has been working in content marketing, branding, social media, and on-line marketing since 2008. She authored the O'Reilly title "Lean Branding"; contributes regularly to Smashing Magazine andSitepoint; and is a member of the Global Shaper program at the World Economic Forum. She holds a business degree from American University and a M.A. in design management from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Title: Visual Content Hacks for Non-Designers
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491971154
You might also like
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition
If you’ve ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how …