The step-by-step visual guide to spotting potential price movements and improving returns
Bloomberg Visual Guide to Chart Patterns is a concise and accessible visual guide to identifying, understanding, and using chart patterns to predict the direction and extent of price moves. Packed with visual learning enhancements and exercises, this innovative book helps savvy investors and professionals alike master the essential skills of chart pattern recognition. Follow along as chart pattern expert Thomas Bulkowski teaches you to recognize important peaks and valleys that form patterns—footprints of the smart money.
Nearly 200 color charts assist in providing a step-by-step approach to finding those footprints, interpreting them, and following them. Popular patterns such as head-and-shoulders, double tops and bottoms, triangles, gaps, flags, and pennants are just a few of the many patterns explored throughout the book.
For the sophisticated trader or investor, the book also provides statistical research to support the claims of pattern behavior, trading signals, and setups, in an easy to understand way.
Discusses chart pattern identification guidelines, psychology, variations, failures, and buy and sell signals
Covers the most popular and common chart patterns as well as lesser-known ones like throwbacks, pullbacks, and busted patterns
Incorporates quizzes, step-by-step exercises, enhanced graphics and video tutorials to immerse the reader in the world of chart patterns
Designed for use by investors and traders, from beginners to experts looking for a practical, easy-to-use guide, comprehensive reference, Bloomberg Visual Guide to Chart Patterns provides a sophisticated introduction to the world of chart patterns.
Table of Contents
- Visual Guide to Chart Patterns
- How to Use This Book
- Part I: The Basics
Part II: Pattern Identification
- Chapter 7: Rectangles
- Chapter 8: Ascending Triangles
- Chapter 9: Descending Triangles
- Chapter 10: Symmetrical Triangles
- Chapter 11: Flags and Pennants
- Chapter 12: Double Bottoms
- Chapter 13: Triple Bottoms
- Chapter 14: Double Tops
- Chapter 15: Triple Tops
- Chapter 16: Head-and-Shoulders Bottoms
- Chapter 17: Head-and-Shoulders Tops
- Part III: Basic Buy Signals
- Part IV: Basic Sell Signals
- Bloomberg Functionality Cheat Sheet
- Visual Appendix of Chart Patterns
- About the Author
- Title: Visual Guide to Chart Patterns
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Bloomberg Press
- ISBN: 9781118421505