Setting up a load balancer
We will perform the following steps in the same order to set up and test a load balancer.
- Set global option for the load balancer
- Create an application profile
- Create a service monitor to define health check performance
- Create a server pool
- Test the load balancer
The procedure for setting global options for the load balancer is as follows:
- Log in to the vSphere web client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click Manage and then click the Load Balancer tab.
- Click Edit.
- Select the check boxes next to the options you want to enable:
- Enable Load balancer: Allows the NSX Edge load balancer to distribute traffic to internal servers for load balancing
- Enable Service Insertion ...