Setting up an External Network
Let's start with something very simple, such as setting up an External Network.
Creating an External Network requires an existing port group in vSphere. This port group can be on a vSwitch, a Distributed vSwitch, or a Cisco 1000v Distributed Switch. The port group can be supported by a VLAN or a physical network.
How to do it...
- Log in to vCloud Director with a system administrator (
- Click on Manage & Monitor.
- Click on External Networks.
- Click on the green plus icon (+). Now, the New External Network wizard starts.
- Select the vCenter that contains the port group and then select the port group you want the External Network connected to. If you have many networks, there is a filter just on the ...