Using vApp Network fencing
In this recipe, we will explore vApp Network fencing. We will see how we can use this feature.
To play with fencing, we need to have a Direct Organization Network (or isolated, but that's not as much fun) and some VM templates.
Create a new vApp using the button.
- Add two VMs to the vApp and name them.
- Connect the VMs to the Direct Organization Network using the Static - IP manual option.
- Set the manual IPs outside the range of the Static IP Pool for each VM.
- In the Configure Networking section, click on Fence vApp, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Finish the vApp creation.
- Deploy the vApp.