Using Guest Customization with pre and post deploy
When you use Guest Customization Scripts, it's important to define when they are running.
We will need a vApp with VMs in it. To test the results in this recipe, it is good if you have a Linux and a Windows VM so that you can test the results better.
- Double-click on the vApp to enter it.
- Select a VM that you want to configure with Guest Customization.
- Right-click on the VM and select Properties.
- Click on Guest OS Customization.
- Make sure you have enabled Guest Customization and then scroll down to the end of the page.
- In the large textbox, enter the following scripts depending on your operating system:
- The following is the Linux script:
#!/bin/sh if [ x$1 == x"precustomization" ...