Creating multiple vCD Cells for the same vCloud
In this section we will create a second vCD Cell without a need for load balancing.
We will need the following:
- RedHat Linux VM (RHEL) 5 or 6 (6.3 is the highest version with vCD 5.1.2)
- vCloud Director Binary
- vCD shared directory (NFS)
- Root credentials for RHEL VM
How to do it...
We will now configure a second cell without load balancing.
Preparation of the first cell
Perform the following steps as a preparation of the first cell:
- Log in to the existing first cell.
- Gain root access if you haven't already.
- Run the following command to copy the
Configfiles to the shared directory:
cd /opt/vmware/vcloud-director cp etc/responses.properties data/transfer chown vcloud:vcloud data/transfer/responses.properties ...