Cloning a running vApp
Using vCloud 5.5, you are now able to clone running vApps. This comes in very handy for debugging.
You will need a vApp that is running.
You also need to have the vApp you want to clone on a vSphere 5.5 environment, as this function only works with vSphere 5.5.
How to do it...
We have three possibilities where we can clone the vApp to.
Clone to a catalog
Perform the following steps to clone to a catalog:
- Navigate to the vApp that is running.
- Right-click on the vApp and select Add to Catalog.
- Select the catalog and give the vApp template a name. Make sure that the name reflects the state of the vApp.
- Select Make identical copy.
- Click on OK and wait until the clone has finished.
Deploy a cloned VM from a catalog
Perform the ...