Removing infrastructure from vCloud
In this recipe, we will see how we can remove ESXi hosts, clusters, vCenters, and cells from vCloud.
We need a vCloud where you can remove resources.
How to do it...
We will now work through the individual resources that we can remove.
Removing an ESXi Host from vCloud
If you want move the ESXi Server out of this cluster (and out of vCloud), you should do the following:
- Log in to vCloud as
- Navigate to Manage & Monitor | Hosts.
- Right-click on the ESXi host and select Disable Host.
- Right-click on the ESXi Server again and select Redeploy All VMs.
- Accept the warning.
- Wait until the VMs have vMotioned the ESXi Hosts.
- Right-click on the ESXi Server and select Unprepare Host.
- Log in to vCenter using the ...