In this chapter, we'll examine how server profiling, networking design, storage design, high availability, DRS, and many other technologies apply to a vCloud Director design. This chapter assumes that you already understand many of the definitions and the terminology used with vCloud Director.
This chapter will cover the following topics:
- Differences between cloud and server virtualization
- Role of vCloud Director in cloud architecture
- vCloud Director use cases
- Components of the vCloud management stack
- vCloud cell and NFS design considerations
- Management vs. consumable resources
- Database concepts
- vCenter design
- vCloud management physical design
- Physical side of provider virtual datacenters
- Logical side of provider virtual ...